From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Goodbye TN, Hello Mountains

I packed up all my bags on Thursday and headed for beautiful Spruce Pine, NC to see the bestie. You would have thought I was going to get snowed in for the winter with all the crap I brought. I even brought ALL of my OPI nail polish. If you don't know me, you wouldn't know that I am completely obsessed with OPI nail polish. So, I loaded up the Civic, grabbed my ipod, and headed up 40 for my 5 hour journey.

The drive wasn't as bad as I had expected. I have never driven anywhere more than 45 miles by myself and I knew this was going to be a challenge! However, I had my ipod loaded with all my favorite songs and it would get me through the rough patches in my drive. Once I passed through Knoxville, the drive got a little scary. It was mainly once I crossed over into NC that I started to white knuckle it. There were several points that I was afraid I going to run off a mountain or hit another car because the roads were so narrow. Once I got off the interstate and headed to ML's house, that's when the cell phone service started cutting out. Luckily, my GPS on my phone guided me right to my bestie that was waiting outside on the driveway.

Once I arrived, I had a brief moment to relax and then it was off to see Peyton at the Parkway Playhouse where he is a monkey in Seussical. It was my first time seeing it and I was blown away. It was absolutely AMAZING and Peyton has been blessed with a wonderful talent...acting, dancing and singing! I am a jealous girl because I don't have any of those talents!!!



I knew while I was here I was going to need to paint my nails and toes. Me being the most indecisive person I know, I knew I wasn't going to be able to pick my color out. Once I got here, I picked out You're a Pisa Work. It is a summer color and I managed to add white polka dots on my toes. They are really cute, really girlie and really ME!



Today we didnt do a whole lot, but did get out and see the town and visit where ML works. As we were passing through, she abruptly stops and says "get out, you have to have your picture made"! I didn't know what to expect, but I wasn't expecting much since we were in the mountains. It wasn't until I saw the wall that had a painted mural of the Wizard of Oz!!!!! I was in heaven for about 5 minutes and the picture was just amazing!!! I am glad she thought enough of me to take me there and take my picture.





It has been a relaxing two days and I still have three more to go!!! I do miss my little Monkey, but was able to see him tonight via Skype. There wasn't a whole lot of talking going on...more of him pointing a gun at the camera and doing "magic tricks". I thank GOD everyday for giving me the best gift I have every received!!!!

Off to catch up on some much needed sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment