From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Reason number 9,990,123,456,432,654

How many darn reasons do I need to get healthy? Aparently 9,990,123,456,432,654!!!! It has been so surprise to me that my weight has been on the rise, just like the temperatures here in TN, but I have been in a state of denial! That's until I went to my ENT and had him confirm I have sleep apnea!! So, not only does being fat, eating not healthy,& not exercising impacts your physical appearence, it also makes you stop breathing. Was I shocked? Not really, but was kind of hoping that my weight had nothing to do with it. I was soooooooo wrong!!! Now, I have a fire under my ass or should I say oxtgen blowing in my face to get this weight off. Mentally I am there, but I am not sure I am 100% there. However, I dont really have much of a choice.

According to the ENT, I stop breathing several times and I wake up more than the average person. This would explain my energy level being in the dirt and always wanting to sleep. I am going to be placed on a machine (like a cpap)for the next three months to monitor and collect data and I will return in three months. When I go back for my follow-up visit, I would like to be 30lbs less. Is that possible, I think so!

When do I plan on making this change? Dinner!!!! I am making blackbean burgers and a salad. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reguardless if it is 110* outside, I WILL get out tonight and exercise!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know you are fully capable of doing this! And I can't wait to follow your progress throughout this journey!

    Also, you may want to check out TheHealthyHostess.com. It is a blog by a friend of mine that I taught with at one point here in Ohio. Her recipes always look so yummy and intriguing!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, you know I am here when you are ready... continue to be real with all the underlying issues :) and things will happen for you I know!

    ReplyDelete