From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh From Fried To Fresh

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New *ME*!!!!

Rang in 2014 the right way, sleeping! I am getting to the age where I am in bed by 8:30pm and up at 4:00am. This whole working out nonsense is making me change some of my old habits. I remember saying to my boot camp friends, "Y'all are NUTS for getting up that early, I would NEVER do that" and now I am eating my words. Its a change in the right direction, but it makes me reconsider staying up past 9pm.

New Year Eve we stayed in and ended the year with one of my favorite meals, spaghetti. I made the family the "normal" kind and I bake a spaghetti squash for my "noodles". Its so good and it makes me feel like I am not depriving myself of anything. Since it was a special night, I even made meatballs to go in it. O sure did enjoy eating those and so did I.





I had already told myself that I WAS going to get outside and walk/run since it was going to be in the mid 50's. Getting dressed is always the hardest part and I seem to try to talk myself out of it, but I was determined to start the year off right and I did. I laced up the shoes and hit the trails. I wasn't prepared for what I was in store for, but I did it and it was a struggle. It was not my normal route, but it was a nice change of scenery.





For the past few weeks it seems all I want for breakfast is eggs. I had some extra spinach and I thought I would add it to them and it was delicious. I hardly eat these when I am working because I don't have enough time to cook them, but I do make them on the weekends. Being home for these past two weeks has been amazing. I sure wish I didn't have to work, but that is not the reality.

Since it was the New Year, I decided to make another one of our favorite meals, grilled hamburgers. The weather was amazing and it was a perfect night to fire up the grill. I cooked me a baked sweet potato and some black-eyed peas in the crock pot. It was all a perfect way to start 2014. I slept in, did C25k, took down all the Christmas decorations, and made a yummy dinner.







The other day I was craving something sweet and I found this recipe on Pinterest. It has unsweetened shredded coconut, coconut oil, cacao powder, maple syrup and I added a little peanut butter. They don't look all that hot, but let me tell you, they are AMAZING!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. Good job Steph! I'm enjoying watching your updates on FB and see you change those old habits!

    ReplyDelete